Table of Contents
Debate: Fluid API
- Vanilla says:
- There are three bottles to a bucket. (cauldron)
- One fluid block is equal to one bucket. (…buckets)
- The SME (Standardized Modding Environment) says:
- There are one thousand millibuckets to a bucket. (Forge)
- We'd like to be able to divide by 9*9=81, to cover nugget → block liquid metals. (Tinkers' Construct fans)
- We'd like our fluid to void as rarely as possible, preferably never.
- Choose a denominator! (Shouldn't be too small, or too large.)
- The Metric Option: 1000.
- The Silk Option: 1620.
- Millibottles: 3000 mb = 1000 mB = 3 bottles = 1 bucket.
- Others: 900, 1800, 3600 (getting a bit high…)
Use BigDecimals!wait no that's still pretty metric
- Use rational numbers!
- Silk's fluid API by Prospector
other/fluidapi_debate.txt · Last modified: 2019/05/21 17:07 by falseresync